A young tech company (name withheld to protect data) introduced a videoconference app and needed quick increase in number of installs. The company had been internally managing an AdWords Pay-Per-Click advertising account for over a year, however this channel was one of the poorest performers within their Marketing-Mix.
Adwords efforts were becoming far more expensive and returning less on their investment due to the huge discrepancy between the actual and the goal KPI numbers.
Main KPIs: Number of app installs and Cost per Install (CPI)
Goal: To increase number of Installs at a given or below the goal CPI
Actual historical CPI: $90
Goal CPI: $15
- Account restructure aiming for higher granularity and precise naming convention
- Launching new campaigns types (Search campaigns, App install, Universal app Campaigns)
- Fixing app tracking issue ensuring that correct data about app installs is recorded
- Removing Google ban to advertise sensitive topics
- Solid keyword research to find low-cost longtailsDaily cleaning of irrelevant
- expensive searches with negative keywords
Solving tracking problem and gaining an ability to bring people to appstores to download the app allowed to reach next KPI improvements:
- 915% CPI decrease, from $90 to $7,6 which is ca. 2 times less as the goal CPI
- Numerous increase of avg. Number of Installs – from 7 per week to 290 per week